2SER SEEKS TO PROVIDE INNOVATIVE, DIVERSE AND HORIZON BROADENING RADIO.
The mission of Sydney Educational Broadcasting Ltd. is to operate community radio station, 2SER-FM, and related media services, providing a stimulating forum for learning and the expression of alternative ideas, informed by and promoting principles of social justice. In pursuit of its mission the company anticipates, reflects and responds to the social, cultural and educational needs of the diverse Sydney community. The Company is committed to freedom of enquiry and the pursuit of excellence in educational broadcasting and the promotion of interaction between community groups.
The station seeks to achieve these objectives in the following ways:
(a) Producing a wide range of talk and specialist music programming aimed at servicing the needs and interests of the members of the wider Sydney community regardless of age, ethnic or socio-economic background.
(b) Promoting through its programming a sense of intellectual integrity, open mindedness and a sense of the importance of ideas.
(c) Encouraging participation in station activities by members of the community, including provision of experiential learning opportunities for individuals interested in radio.
(d) Providing as much access as it reasonably can to disadvantaged groups in the community.
(e) Using methods and forms of programming which encourage interaction between educators and the audiences.
(f) Developing and presenting programs which promote education and wider participation in life long learning.
(g) Assisting parent institutions to achieve their community outreach objectives by facilitating their interaction with community groups.
(h) Encouraging innovation and diversity in forms and content of broadcasts. Station activities and practices should recognise the central role played by the mainly volunteer workforce.
All sponsorship, paid government and community service announcements broadcast on 2SER-FM, will be subject to the following conditions:
1. Announcements will meet the requirements of the Broadcasting Services Act, the Community Radio Codes of Practice and any other standards or codes pursuant thereto.
2. All sponsorship announcements must acknowledge the financial support of a sponsor,
e.g. company x is proud to sponsor Wednesday Overdrive
Payam-E-Pars acknowledges the support of business y
Person z is a supporter of 2SER-FM
3. Sponsorship announcements are limited to a maximum of five minutes per hour.
4. Announcements must receive specific prior approval of written copy by the Managing Directed or their nominee.
5. Announcements are to be produced and presented in a style and form consistent with the program in which they are to be placed.
6. Sponsorship Announcements will endeavour to avoid and break down prejudice or discrimination.
7. Sponsorship Announcements will be factual statements about the sponsor, and will not use superlatives (e.g. fastest, cheapest, biggest range, best tasting etc.)
8. Sponsorship Announcements may mention prices where this information is essential and integral to the sponsor’s service (e.g. price of tickets for a concert, rates for telephone calls to Greece for particular date etc.) but will not take the form of lists of good/services and prices.
9. Scheduling and frequency of announcements must be made with regard to the programming in which they are placed.
10. Sponsorship announcements will not be accepted from persons or groups whose policies or practices are inconsistent with the general directions of 2SER as indicated by the Station Charter and Program Policies.
11. Sponsorship announcements will not be accepted from registered political parties.
12. Any sponsorship proposal, which involves special programming initiatives, must be approved by the Program Manager.
13. The station reserves the right to refuse any paid announcement.
1. 2SER-FM will present a diverse range of community radio programs consistent with the organisational mission and audience profile.
2. 2SER-FM will encourage innovation and experimentation with the radio form while pursuing a listener-friendly format and programming which acknowledges how people listen to radio.
3. 2SER-FM programming will:
a) explore areas of debate, information, music and cultural activities not adequately covered by other media; b) encourage listeners to make their own informed and critical judgements; c) endeavour to reveal insights into the social, political and cultural aspects of society; d) emphasise and encourage Australian content in terms of composition and production; e) present a clear and identifiable station image.
4. The station will provide links between educational organisations, specifically UTS and Macquarie University, and the wider community by programming which: a) increases awareness of issues and opportunities for lifelong learning; b) encourages discussion within and across disciplines; c) involves members of the university communities; d) promotes university events and activities; e) assists with the universities community outreach objectives.
5. The station reserves the right to broadcast subject matter and language which some people might find offensive, if such usage is considered appropriate and justified in context.
6. The station affords listeners the right of reply to programs, subject to negotiating with the station on an appropriate form of reply and time of broadcast.
7. 2SER-FM will observe all relevant laws, regulations and standards applicable to community broadcasting and adhere to the Community Broadcasting Association of Australia’s Codes of Practice
In line with the Station Charter and the general Program Policies, 2SER will present a diverse and challenging range of music that will fulfill the following functions:
1.Programs will emphasise and expand the role of music in defining and realising the identity of the station as a community educational broadcaster.
2. Programs will maintain a commitment to music that is composed and produced in Australia in terms of both its Asian-Pacific and International context.
3. Programs will be responsive to, and questioning of, the distinctive social and political role of music in the formation of an equitable multicultural and multilingual society.
4. There will be an ongoing development of innovative and experimental approaches to both music programming and content that distinguishes itself from the demands and ideologies of the recording and entertainment industries.
5. The station will ensure that it is at the forefront of music programming and content by identifying and anticipating transformations in, and expectations of, both a specialist and a general audience.
6. Programs will emphasise the relation of music to educational processes, to alternative ideas and to the principles of social justice, as they appear in the station’s mission statement.
7. Programs will identify and develop an understanding of the importance of a range of musical styles and cultures within the community.
8. The station will maintain a commitment to new developments, distribution and reception of music at all levels of the community.
9. The station reserves the right to broadcast musical and lyrical material that some people might find offensive, if such usage is considered appropriate and justified in context.
10. Music programming will observe all the relevant laws, regulations, and standards applicable to radio broadcasting and adhere to the Community Broadcasting Codes of Practice.
NEWS AND CURRENT AFFAIRS POLICY
2SER-FM News and Current Affairs broadcasting will be subject to the station’s Charter and Program Policies, and will in particular:
1. Report accurately, interpret, and make intelligent and informed comment.
2. Encourage discussion, debate and exchange of ideas, which contributes to a more informed, educated, co-operative and compassionate society.
3. Adopt a genuinely critical and constructive standpoint on all issues, and encourages or provokes critical thought and analysis by our listeners.
4. Give attention to a wide range of intelligent viewpoints, and especially those under-represented in the media and social decision-making.
5. Combine a global perspective with a concern for national and local issues, and draw connections between these issues wherever appropriate – taking special note of issues affecting Sydney.
6. Present news and current affairs material in entertaining and stimulating forms making creative use of the radio medium – including appropriate use of intelligent satire.
7. Present information and raise issues without either overestimating the specialised knowledge of our listeners, or underestimating their intelligence.
8. Emphasise issues as well as action stories; avoid material tending to be purely superficial or sensational; and refrain from sensationalising or trivialising important issues.
9. Be critical of all sources of information, and take all reasonable steps to check the accuracy of information before broadcast.
10. Develop and maintain an independent agenda and priorities, irrespective of those evident in other media.
NOTE: Attention of news and current affairs programmers is drawn in particular to the Community Broadcasting Codes of Practice: Radio as registered by the Australian Communications and Media Authority and the MEAA Journalists’ Code of Ethics.
All policies approved in 2012 by the Board of Directors, Sydney Educational Broadcasting Ltd.
Except where noted below, 2SER does not collect or record information which can directly identify users visiting this website.
Our web server records only certain summary information about your visit to help us better understand how people use the site with a view to identifying areas for improvement. This information may include:
- the type of browser you are using and your operating system
- the network (IP) address of your computer and your top level domain name
- the address of any referring website
- the date and time of your visit
- the pages accessed and files downloaded
- any search terms you enter
If you send us a message via an online form on the website we will record your email address to be used only for the purpose for which you provide it. We will not add it to a mailing list or use it for any other purpose without your prior consent.
The High Court of Australia website employs the use of session-only cookies to support:
- the site search facility
- online forms
- Google Analytics (to help analyse how users use our site)
- Session cookies are deleted at the end of a browsing session and are not used to collect or store any personal information about the user.
Should you have any queries or concerns in relation to privacy on the Station website please contact the Station, on (02) 02 9514 9514 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries may also be submitted in writing to:
PO BOX 123, Broadway NSW 2007
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions regulate the business relationship between you and us. By using Our Web Site in any way, or by buying from us, you agree to be bound by them.
No person under the age of 18 years may purchase Goods.
We are: Sydney Educational Broadcasting (2ser FM 107.3)
Our address is:
9 – 11 Broadway, Ultimo NSW 2007
Visitor to Our Web Site / our customer
In this agreement:
“Carrier” means any person or business contracted by us to carry Goods from us to you, whether all or part of the distance.
“Our Web Site” means the entire computing hardware and software installation that is or supports Our Web Site.
“Goods” means any of the Goods we offer for sale on our web site
“Content” means information in any form published on Our Web Site by us or
any third party with our consent.
2. Our contract with you
2.1 These terms and conditions apply:
2.1.1 so far as the context allows, to you as a visitor to Our Web Site; and
2.1.2 in any event to you as a buyer or prospective buyer of our Goods.
2.2 Goods advertised may not be always be available.
2.3 We shall accept your order by e-mail confirmation. Our message will also confirm details of your purchase and tell you when we shall dispatch your order. That is when our contract is made. It is possible that the price may have increased from that posted on our web site.
2.4 We may change these terms from time to time. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on Our Web Site on the day you order Goods.
2.5 All descriptions, weights and sizes of Goods are those of the original manufacturers and you may not rely on their accuracy. Accordingly, any such description shall not form part of this Agreement.
2.6 If we do not have the Goods you order in stock, we will offer you alternatives before we dispatch your order. If this happens you may:
2.6.1 accept the alternatives we offer;
2.6.2 cancel your order;
2.6.3 leave the order valid, but tell us to omit the out-of-stock item.
2.7 If we owe you money (for this or any other reason), we will credit your credit or debit card as soon as reasonably practicable but in any event no later than 30 days from the date of your order.
2.8 Goods are at your risk from the moment they are sent to the Carrier from our warehouse.
3. Price and Payment
3.1 You must pay us the full price of your order before we will send any part of it.
3.2 Banking charges by the receiving bank on payments to us will be borne by us. All other charges relating to payment in a currency other than Australian dollars will be borne by you.
3.3 Any details given by us in relation to exchange rates are approximate only and may vary from time to time.
3.4 You will pay all sums due to us under these terms by the means specified without any set-off, deduction or counterclaim.
4. Information you give us
4.1 You agree that you have provided, and will continue to provide accurate, up to date, and complete information about yourself. We need this information to provide you with the Goods.
4.2 We will use our reasonable endeavours to respond to any point of dissatisfaction by you, provided you contact us within three months of purchase.
5. Delivery and Shipping
5.1 Deliveries will be made by a Carrier or Australia Post to the address stipulated in your order. You must ensure that someone is present to accept delivery from a Carrier.
5.2 If we are not able to deliver your Goods within 30 days of the date of your order, we shall notify you by e-mail to arrange another date for delivery.
5.3 We may deliver the goods in installments if the goods are not available at the same time for delivery. We will notify you by e-mail if this is the case.
5.4 If, after, receiving a Return Authorization Number (RAN) you return an authorized shipment for your protection and to ensure prompt delivery, we recommend that you ship via express post or registered mail. 2ser is not liable for packages lost or damaged during shipping.
6. Taxes, duties and import restrictions
6.1 We have no knowledge of, and no responsibility for, the laws in your country of residence.
6.2 You are responsible for purchasing Goods which you are lawfully able to import and for the payment of import duties and taxes of any kind levied in your country of residence.
7. Goods returned
Because you are buying the Goods from a web based store, you may have a right of cancellation. If you do (and only if you do), these are the terms which apply:
7.1 You must tell us you wish to cancel within 24 hours of placement of the order and before the goods are sent.
7.2 In any event, you may not cancel orders for specially commissioned or personalised goods;
7.3 The Goods must be returned to us within 21 days of the order placement date if the goods had left the store within the 24 hour period as stated in point
7.3.1 with both goods and all packaging in their original condition;
7.3.2 securely wrapped;
7.3.3 including our delivery slip;
7.3.4 at your risk and cost.
7.4 After we have received the Goods, we will credit your credit or debit card with the full purchase price of the goods, less any freight cost, returned no later than 30 days from the date of receipt;
7.5 If you do not return the Goods to us, you are still liable to us for the cost.
7.6 We are under no obligation to collect or recover Goods from you, but if we do, our costs will be payable by you.
8. Returns and Exchanges
8.1 2ser will only refund/exchange items purchased from this website. There is no returns on subscriptions or donations.
8.2 Refunds will be issued only if an item contains a manufacturer’s defect. Please notify us by email at email@example.com or call 02 9264 1027 if you need help and to obtain a Return Authorization Number (RAN) and further instructions. A return will not be accepted without a RAN.
8.3 Exchanges will be permitted only if you have purchased the incorrect size. Please call us on 02 9264 1027 if Please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 business days of receiving the goods to obtain a Return Authorisation Number (RAN) and further instructions. A return will not be accepted without a RAN. The product must be returned to us unused, unwashed and in original purchase condition and packaging, with all tags, labels and accessories intact and attached.
8.4 We reserve the right to refuse a return if we feel the policy is being abused.
9.1 We or our Content suppliers may make improvements or changes to Our Web Site, the Content, or to any of the Goods, at any time and without advance notice.
9.2 You are advised that Content may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
9.3 We give no warranty and make no representation, express or implied, as to:
8.3.1 the adequacy or appropriateness of the Goods for your purpose.
8.3.2 the truth of any information given on Our Web Site;
8.3.3 any implied warranty or condition as to merchantability or fitness of the Goods and Services for a particular purpose;
8.3.4 compatibility of Our Web Site with your equipment software or telecommunications connection.
8.3.5 compliance with any law;
8.3.6 non-infringement of any right.
9.4 Our Web Site contains links to other Internet web sites. We have neither power nor control over any such web site. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be liable in any way for the Content of any such linked web site, nor for any loss or damage arising from your use of any such web site.
9.5 We are not liable in any circumstances for special, indirect or consequential loss or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, loss of data or loss of revenues or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with your use of Our Web Site or the purchase of Goods.
9.6 In any claim against us our liability is limited to the value of the goods you have purchased in the contract which is the subject of the dispute.
10. Content and Intellectual Property Rights
10.1 Title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in the Content whether provided by us or by any other Content provider shall remain the sole property of us. We will strongly protect its rights in all countries.
10.2 You may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, transfer or sell, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part, except as is expressly permitted in this agreement.
10.3 You may download or copy the Content only for your own personal use, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Content. You may not store electronically any significant portion of any Content.
11. System Security
11.1 You agree that you will not, and will not allow any other person to, violate or attempt to violate any aspect of the security of the Installation;
11.2 You agree that you will in no way modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, copy, or cause damage or unintended effect to any portion of Our Web Site, or any software used on Our Web Site, and that you will not permit any other person to do so.
11.3 You understand that any such violation is unlawful in many jurisdictions and that any contravention of law may result in criminal prosecution.
11.4 Examples of violations are:
10.4.1 accessing data unlawfully or without consent;
10.4.2 attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures;
Sydney Educational Broadcasting Ltd has taken all appropriate measures to prevent unauthorised access, improper use, and inaccuracy of your personal information. When purchasing from Sydney Educational Broadcasting Ltd your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 256-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. 256-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is above the industry standard.
11.4.3 attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of overloading, “flooding”, “mail bombing” or “crashing”;
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, the terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to Sydney Educational Broadcasting Ltdand its Affiliates and Brands. “You” refers to you,as a user of this Site. By using this Site, you consent to the terms of our Privacy
We only collect information about you when you supply it to us on a voluntary basis. For example, we may collect personal information about you when you:
Request any information about us or our products or services
Purchase any of our products
Communicate with us
Enter a promotion or competition or respond to an offer
Become a subscriber or make a donation
Subscribe to any newsletters that we may offer
The sort of personal information that we are likely to collect from you depends on the information that you provide to us and may include such things as your name, address, phone number, email address, credit card details along with transactional information such as the type and quantity of products that you purchase from us.
When you call 2ser we may monitor your telephone conversation for staff training and service quality control procedures.
We use the personal information that you provide to us to conduct our business with you, to facilitate and manage our dealings and relationship with you (including any feedback that you may provide us), to develop and improve our products and services and for any other purpose for which you may disclose your personal information to us.
If you enter a competition or promotion or take up one of our offers, we will use your personal information to conduct that competition, promotion or offer and to comply with any regulatory requirements (such as notifying State/Territory lottery departments and publishing winner(s) names if required).
We may also use your personal information to notify you about changes to our products or services, new products and future offers in which we think you may be interested. If you prefer not to receive such information, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the particular communication.
15. Disclosure to third parties
We will disclose your personal information to third parties only in the following circumstances:
To third parties to whom disclosure is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the personal information has been collected (e.g. order fulfilment).
To any entity to which we are required or authorised by law to disclose such information.
We will not disclose your personal details to any other third party or organisation for marketing purposes.
We may use details from your Customer Record to better understand your needs and to advise you of new products, services or promotions that we believe will be of interest to you.
If you have any questions regarding our web-site, please contact us at email@example.com
he 2SER website has been designed to comply with the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.0 (WCAG 2.0) A level of accessibility. The Station will progressively be making content available in other formats.
Should you experience any difficulty accessing information on this website please contact the Manager, Public Information on (02) 9514 9514 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ph: 02 9514 9514
fax: 02 9514 9599
PO BOX 123, Broadway NSW 2007
9-11 Broadway, Ultimo
Pages on this website are designed to display correctly in a range of browsers however site testing activities focus primarily on the current and most recent previous versions of Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Should you have any difficulties with this website using older versions of these, or other browsers then please contact us on the abovementioned details.