SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER?

SURE!

Button Battery Risk to Small Children

Every week children are admitted to hospital emergency care in Australia after swallowing  button batteries. Children aged one to three are particularly vulnerable because they put things in their mouth to explore taste and texture. They are also at heightened risk of accidental poisoning when the family routine is changed. As we approach the Easter holidays, health authorities are warning that vigilance is required for children and button batteries.  Jared Brown, Director of NSW Poisons Information Centre at Sydney Children’s Hospital Westmead joined us on The Daily.

You may also like

Episodes