The Vultures’ Nest :: 10:30am 4th Jan 2020
We started this morning’s programme with the story of the Prime Minister hosting a party of international cricketers while the country is in another bushfire crisis (PM Scott Morrison hosted the Australian and NZ cricket teams). In a media statement about hosting the cricketers, the PM made some remarks that Sean thought were odd.
Sean asked Christina and Pete:
- Should you publicly party and play during a catastrophe?
- What can the PM do (or do better) in a national crisis?
- Do you know why is Ross Gittins not going to donate to the Rural Fire Service? Do you agree with his explanation?
- Does current anger subside before election time?
- How big does a catastrophe have to be for a leader to act with visible concern?
- Are test matches more important bushfires?
- Have you ever seen a political leader really ‘on their game’ in an emergency?
- What signs would you like to see from a good government leader?
- Should one of a government’s top priorities be a budget surplus? Always?
New Year’s Eve
Tex Perkins waved his middle finger symbolically at the Prime Minister during his (Perkins’) NYE performance.
- Do you have an opinion on this?
- Do you need to have an opinion on this?
- Is ScoMo’s playlist genuine or ‘tweaked’ for PR?
- Is New Year’s Eve allowed to be ‘political’?
- How much energy is expended to ‘flip the bird’?
- What do you think of NYE fireworks?
Canadian Cinema Incident
Canadians have a global reputation for their politeness, but how rude can you be (or should you be) in calling out someone else’s rudeness?
A Canadian Star Wars ‘fan’ has gone to the dark side in expressing his displeasure at some fellow cinema-goers.
You can see one version of the story here: https://nypost.com/2019/12/31/star-wars-fan-loses-his-mind-at-cell-phone-users-at-screening/
The nesties do a 30 second re-cap of movie-going etiquette!
The Vultures Nest is on Saturday mornings after Final Draft on 2SER.
The S-Bends   ICU 2019
Angel Olsen   What It is 2019