NSW Experiencing Spike In Listeria Infections

Things were looking pretty grim for NSW mum Amelia Liddy-Sudbury after her and her unborn son nearly died after contracting a listeria infection for eating some pre-cut rockmelon. After being on intravenous antibiotics to stem meningitis for his first few weeks, the mother and son duo lived to tell the tale. But NSW health authorities are warning women should be extra vigilant with their food choices, as NSW is experiencing pregnancy related Listeria infections at three times the normal rate.
The Daily was joined by Nurse Midwife and Project Coordinator at UTS for Birthplace in Australia, Vanessa Scarf, to talk about the issue on 2SER.

You may also like