Books and the Importance of Imagination
The Final Draft podcast is all about books, writing and literary culture. We’re dedicated to exploring Australian writing, looking into the issues that drive our storytelling to discover more from the books you love.
Andrew is joined by Robbie Egan on today’s show.
Robbie Egan is the CEO of Book People. Formerly the Australian Booksellers Association. Book People are a not-for-profit advocacy group for their members (who are booksellers).
Book People have commissioned a study on the ‘Importance of Imagination’.
Robbie outlines the ‘Importance of Imagination’ study:
- Exploring Australian’s reading habits.
- How do the pandemic has affected people’s reading habits.
- Australians desire to use their imagination more.
- Recommendations for fostering creativity in schools.
- Supporting parents to encourage their children to read more and develop their imaginations.
- The report suggests that reading generates a net benefit for mental health.
Want more great conversations with Australian authors?
Get in touch with Andrew and Final Draft. We love to hear about what you’re reading!
Twitter – https://twitter.com/finaldraft2ser
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/finaldraft2ser/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/finaldraft2ser/