Much T’ado on basically nothing – 07/10
New South Wales is officially reaching its 70 percent fully vaccinated target after a massive jump in the vaccination rate overnight. This means that Sydney has one more week until freedom day!! This is great news and a big step closer to a full reopening and a proper summer!! Is everyone ready for the picnic, beach, and brunch? Don’t worry there are heaps to do before then…
Explore the ground-breaking virtual tour ‘Unsettled’ exhibition
- Don’t miss this compelling First Nations-led and informed exhibition, which gives an understanding of the lived experience of First Nations peoples over the last 250 years.
- This 360-degree immersive experience presents the exhibition’s cultural objects, historical documents, and contemporary artworks and provides access to label text, audio recordings, and other multimedia content on display in the exhibition.
- There are also introductions to each section from the exhibition curator.
- In this powerful exhibition, First Nations voices reveal the hidden stories of survival and the fight for recognition.
- Understanding our shared past is an important step towards healing for a shared future.
- The exhibition is available to view on any device just check out the Australian Museum website at Australian.museum/learn/first-nations/unsettled/
Tune in to SIMA’s Ear Shift Music Festival
- 1st – 10th of October.
- The ten-day marathon online music festival will air at 8 pm AEST each evening, streamed live on Facebook and YouTube
- delivering a variety of powerful live-streamed performances featuring artists from across Australia and abroad.
- The festival celebrates the resilience of musicians through these challenging times with performances from the intimacy of artists’ homes.
- There are 3 more days left of the festival so catch:
o Scott Tinkler on Friday the 8th at 8 pm
o Jeremy Rose x Zoe Hauptmann on Saturday the 9th at 8 pm
o ‘The Rest is Silence’ on Sunday the 10th at 8 pm
- Each live stream will be hosted by Jeremy Rose, and include an artist chat following each performance
- Check out SIMA’s (that’s SIMA) YouTube page for all upcoming streams or check out earshift.com for more info
Call up the MCA Art phone
- Book a free 5–10-minute call, the ultimate way to disconnect from your screen and reconnect with a purposeful one-on-one conversation.
- Chat with one of MCA’s Gallery Hosts who will talk you through artwork from the MCA Collection in vivid detail, personalized just for you.
- Simply book in your Art Phone conversation and a Host will call you at your selected time and date using the Australian mobile or landline number provided.
- Head to https://www.mca.com.au/whats-on/art-phone/ to book your free chat now!