The Stella Prize 2019 Longlist Announcement
The Stella Prize is an annual literary award celebrating Australian Women writers. Now in its seventh year, The Stella Prize is an important and influential award marking great Australian writing.
The Stella Prize announced their long list this week sparking the discussion around what is important in Australian writing today.
Louise Swinn is the Chair of the Stella judges panel and she joined Andrew Pople on Final Draft to discuss the task of sorting through the mountain of submissions and what themes and issues have emerged in the successful twelve.
The 2019 Stella Prize longlist:
● Little Gods by Jenny Ackland (Allen & Unwin)
● Man Out of Time by Stephanie Bishop (Hachette Australia)
● Bluebottle by Belinda Castles (Allen & Unwin)
● The Bridge by Enza Gandolfo (Scribe)
● The Arsonist: A Mind on Fire by Chloe Hooper (Penguin Random House)
● The Death of Noah Glass by Gail Jones (Text Publishing)
● Pink Mountain on Locust Island by Jamie Marina Lau (Brow Books)
● The Erratics by Vicki Laveau-Harvie (Finch Publishing)
● Eggshell Skull by Bri Lee (Allen & Unwin)
● Too Much Lip by Melissa Lucashenko (UQP)
● Axiomatic by Maria Tumarkin (Brow Books)
● The World Was Whole by Fiona Wright (Giramondo Publishing)
Want more Great Conversations? Go to 2ser.com/tag/great-conversation